Grassley Understands How to Keep Iowa and America Secure
- Senator Grassley has worked to hold the Administration accountable for their reckless and dangerous actions to grant citizenship to foreigners scheduled for deportation. And that’s exactly what has happened. In fact, 858 immigrants were naturalized despite orders to be removed from the country.
- The Iranian nuclear deal was a bad deal and won’t increase national security or the security of U.S. allies. The deal was signed as international sanctions were hurting Iran. Despite President Obama’s assurances that the deal would dismantle Iran’s nuclear program, the strong position that the United States had at the negotiating table was whittled away. This deal accepts and legitimizes Iran as a nuclear threshold state. Billions of dollars have been given to the Iranian regime as a result of the deal and will lead to more Iranian financed terrorism.
- Senator Grassley understands that cash ransom payments for hostages to the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism puts a price on the head of every American citizen. Grassley puts sovereignty and security of American citizens first.
- Senator Grassley has held hearings to address terrorists’ use of encryption to evade law enforcement, advanced legislation to hold accountable foreign sponsors of terrorism and introduced and processed bills to increase tools & training for law enforcement.
- Senator Grassley insists on certified vetting of refugees from countries with ties to terrorism despite the federal government’s inability to certify that terrorists will not infiltrate our borders and manipulate U.S. hospitality through the refugee resettlement program.
Patty Judge Supports the Dangerous Iran Nuclear Deal
- Patty Judge supports the dangerous nuclear deal with Iran, and has failed to speak out against the $400 million ransom paid to the the Iranian government.
- Q: Do you support the multinational agreement constraining Iran’s nuclear program?
- Judge: Yes I do. I certainly do support the Iran nuclear agreement. It is an important piece for maintaining peace in the Middle East.” (STAR PAC Debate, 5/15/16)
Patty Judge Thinks ISIS is Contained, Obama Has Done a Good Job on Terrorism
- In an interview with the Sioux City Journal, Patty Judge said ISIS is contained and President Obama has done a good job combating terrorism.
- “As far as in the Middle East, and containing the terrorist threat, I think that, I do support the actions the president has taken…I think we’ve done a pretty good job of containing there.”
- “I think our President has done an admirable job of doing that [fighting ISIS] and I think Hillary Clinton will also push-back and control that threat.” (Speech in Shenandoah, 7/16/16)