Family Farmer Chuck Grassley’s Support for Iowa Agriculture
- The ‘Waters of the US’ (WOTUS) rule would regulate 97% of Iowa’s land as a waterway, an unprecedented power grab by the federal government. This impractical rule and clear example of executive overreach has the potential to burden farmers, landowners and other business owners all across Iowa. This federal rule could result in significant red tape and increased expenses for local governments, Iowa farmers, home builders, golf course managers and construction companies as they make routine decisions about how best to use their land and run their businesses.
- Senator Grassley is a family farmer and has been endorsed by farmers in each of Iowa’s 99 counties, the Iowa Farm Bureau, the Iowa Corn Growers Association and the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association. He’s received the Farmers Union Golden Plow award for ten years in a row.
Patty Judge Supports Job-Killing, Ill-Conceived WOTUS Regulation
- Patty Judge supports the EPA’s WOTUS rule as written.
- Q: Do you agree with the EPA’s current definition of waters in the US?
- Judge: I think they’re probably on target and I know a lot of my agricultural people friends don’t agree with me on that but again we’re at a point where we are going to have to be serious about improving water quality. (Meeting with Des Moines Register Editorial Board, 5/14/16)