Grassley Has Led a Historically Productive and Bipartisan Judiciary Committee
- Senator Grassley was ranked in the top 5 for bipartisanship according to a nonpartisan analysis from Georgetown University/The Lugar Center.
- Senator Grassley has led thirty bills out of the Judiciary Committee, each of them bipartisan. 13 have become law (12 signed into law by President Obama,1 veto override).
- More legislation has been cleared out of the Judiciary Committee under Senator Grassley’s leadership than in the previous Congress under Democratic leadership.
- More than twice as much legislation under Senator Grassley’s leadership has been signed into law by President Obama than in the previous Congress under Democratic leadership.
- This legislation includes landmark anti-opioid legislation, anti-trafficking legislation, a sexual assault survivors’ bill of rights and oversight of numerous federal departments and agencies.