Grassley Works for Veterans, Holds the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountable
- Leveraging his seniority, bipartisanship and legislative leadership skills, Senator Grassley works for veterans. He leaves no stone unturned to help Iowa veterans navigate bureaucratic red tape and get the medals and benefits they deserve.
- He has written and advanced measures to support family caregivers, expand mental health services, improve traumatic brain injury care and marshal resources for suicide prevention.
- Helping returning service members integrate into family and community life and reenter the workplace can be a difficult transition, especially for those struggling with mental health injuries. Senator Grassley has led efforts to prioritize resources to help treat and heal service-related physical and mental wounds.
- His advocacy also includes efforts to encourage federal agencies to hire veterans, as well as incentives for veterans to secure private sector employment.
- Senator Grassley is helping the VA fix the flawed Veterans Choice Program to improve health care options for veterans who put their lives on the line to uphold sacred freedoms.
- Senator Grassley is working to root out corruption and mismanagement that led to patient backlogs for veterans.
- Senator Grassley is cosponsoring a bill to hold VA employees accountable for poor performance.